Saturday, December 8, 2007

First Post


Well, I finally went and done it, started a blog. I t took me all day to decide what I should call it. I wasn't going to talk on one specific topic so I decided to simplify it as much as possible because I am, after all, a guy in Minnesota. This blog is going to reflect my everyday life. In this you will read about my days as a bike commuter, beer connoisseur, hockey fan, artist, leftist political junkie and best of all, father of one baby who currently is 3 months old. In Minnesota I live in Mounds View which is a suburb of the Twin Cities, close to Minneapolis but considered St. Paul so I guess I get the best of both cities. I work at the University of Minnesota running a print shop at the Coffman Union. I am happily married to a great wife who I have been married to for 5 years. I bike practically everyday except this week because it snowed almost everyday. I love beer but not your typical corporate swill but micro and Belgian stuff which I will be posting every so often what I get (you'll be getting a post tomorrow about the ones I drank this weekend). I have Center Ice and watch lots of hockey, of course I am a Wild and Gopher fan but I enjoy the sport and dont try to get too down on every other team. I paint abstract pictures and take photographs which I will be showing off (yeah, you'll get baby pics). And of course I am sure when things in the world happen you'll get my lefty rants. Some say I am a liberal but I would like to think I am a social progressive, or a blood red communist ;). And of course my darling little girl Delia. Still very young but the personality and smiles are coming out.

So there we have it. I hope you all enjoy it and frequent it. I will try to make my life more interesting than it actually is.

2 comments:

SD_pedalpower said...

Welcome felling biker, blogger and printer. I work in a shop w 2-40", 6c Rolands and various smaller presses. What's your shop like?

Stu said...

YES!!! My first comment. However I don't use any presses at my location. It's basically a copy shop. Some Xerox 4110's and a DocuColor 2045 with a Canon IPF poster printer on the way.