Friday, January 18, 2008

Hitting the Rink and Storm King

Played an actual game of hockey last Saturday, pads and all. Well, let me tell you I was very shakey out there. I fell twice, pulled a muscle on my lower thigh by my knee and bruised my elbow. I did score two goals however. The first was a screen shot and the second was an awesome pass by some 16 year old, that one was all him, I just took the credit. I wont be playing this week due to my in-laws coming over and I got a bit of a cold happening (again) but I will be back out next weekend and hopefully most saturday nights after that.




Got a new beer this week, an imperial stout called Storm King from Victory Brewery. Black as night and strong. It is pretty much a typical imperial stout. A bit of coffee and malt aroma. Kinda hoppy and molasses taste to it. Not bad, not great though. 12 bucks for a 6 pack but it lasted me all week so I guess in the long run it was worth the price.

Also Town Hall Brewery in Minneapolis has a Belgian Triple on tap which is very good. I will be getting a growler of this for the game on Sunday, you know, they one where the Giants beat the Packers and New England proceeds to take over the NFL once and for all.

I leave you with yet another article about our good friend Huckabee.

No comments: