Sunday, April 6, 2008

New Tattoo



Which as you can tell is a cover up. The old tattoo I got when I was fairly young, in fact I was 18. It was my second and it was one of those that young kids get by wanting a tat, but not knowing what they want so they look through a book and find one and jump on it. It took me about 2 years before I realized it was something that really didn't represent me. I am not an evil guy but I was a fan of heavy metal (still am to a point I guess) and I thought this would look bad ass but alas, I am not bad ass. So after years of procrastinating and deciding to get other tattoos instead of fixing this one we are getting that "stimulus" check from the government and after having a beautiful baby daughter I figured now is the time to take of this once and for all. The biggest reason that I decided to jump on this now was because of this picture.

My cute little girl and right next to her a scary demon head. That was it, I had to fix it ASAP. And now I have. True, the tree tat is not all fuzzy and warm but it more represent myself than the evil skull. I decided to pick a tree because of my love for the environment and mother earth. I took pictures of the old tat and cut out my arm in photoshop and made some prints of it so the artist could draw over it and get a good idea of how to maneuver the branches and bark around the skull so it would fit properly. I decided to go to B-Cool Tattoo which was recommended by the great Kattie Flitter (there's your shout out) and the artist there was Sarah, fun gal, really made me feel comfortable and did an awesome job. She traced over the tat and found a good design to fit and then went to town. To be honest I was a bit nervous that it was not going to work out too well and it wasn't until the very end when it all just came together. I love it, we even added some fall leaves and colors to it because fall is my favorite time of year. So now I am at home nursing it as best I can. I am trying not to bend my arm too often so the top branches don't get whited out but if I keep it moist it should be fine being that it is not too much and should heal faster that the base of the tree. Any ways that is it. And I promise I will write more in this blog, I just ran out of things to say during the dead of winter. I played a hockey game in Marriucci, that was awesome. And I drank more fancy beer, go figure! Go get Hop Slam by Bells Brewing Co.

No comments: