Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Scavenger Hunt and Fresh Hop

Last weekend I volunteered at the Scavenger Hunt Bike race for the Bicycle Film Festival that was held last week. I was an operative. Basically my job was to hand out at St. Anthony Falls. Prior to meeting me the teams of bikers would get a clue from another operative that would say to go to St. Anthony Falls (or actually it was clue but I can't remember what it was) and they were supposed to find the operative whose sleeves are on fire, meaning my tattoos and then they had to ask me ""The bikes are tall and fruitful this season" which I would reply "And yet the Alamo has no basement." And then give them he next clue that was a jumbled sentence that spelled out Gold Medal Flour and they had to take their picture in front of it. It was fun but really hot and there is little shade at St. Anthony Falls. And I have no fire tattoos so I decided to wear my Surly bike cap, which still had some people looking. Sad thing though is I missed the after party race. I thought it was at Varsity bikes but instead it was at the Theater Jeune Lune, which I was right next to. So I bike all the way back to Dinkytown only to find that out, but by then I was already so much closer to my house and still had some shopping to do and get home to the dogs. And I forgot my camera, again. I still am meaning to take it on my commute to let you all know what I do now.


Also this weekend I was lucky enough to get the last bottle of Sierra Nevada's Fresh Hop ale. Last time I was at the Cellar's in Roseville the clerk was raving about it, bun to his surprise it was not there. But being that I am such a great customer he saved one for me, the very last one. It was good. A fresh hop beer none the less. Nothing to outrageous but the hops they use are very good. I guess these ones were flown in from New Zealand in brewed within a week. If you can find it out there go for it. It is not as hoppy as some may like ti but it is very easy on the pallet.

No comments: